Saturday 31 December 2011

Things that make New Year's Eve fun

What with today being the last day before 2012, I thought I'd list out some things that might make a good New Year's Eve.
  1. Alcohol (I threw a party one year, and I've never seen my fridge so full of alcohol - it's never been like that again, either)
  2. Auld Lang Syne (can't see the New Year in without that traditional song)
  3. Food (whether at a party enjoying nibbles, or having a snack at home to make sure you stay awake until midnight, food is always good :)).
  4. Winnie the Pooh stories (bear with me on this - when my sister and I were little,  and my parents went out to a New Year's Eve party, we'd end up at my grandparents. Their neighbour always came in to see the New Year in with them, and my sister insisted on telling her a Winnie the Pooh story… every year! It became as much of a traditional for a while as wishing everyone a Happy New Year!)
  5. Someone to kiss at midnight (not necessary, but can be nice - even if it's the cat. Actually, thinking about it, maybe the cat is a better choice.)
Do you have anything to add to this list? I'm sure there must be lots more.

Whatever you're doing tonight, hope the New Year brings you lots of good things.

Image: Idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

3 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Happy New Year! Great list, and I think the cat is a good choice too.

sonia said...

Alcohol and a kiss. Bliss.
; }

Anonymous said...

Dancing always makes things :) Happy New year.

Post a Comment