- Alcohol (I threw a party one year, and I've never seen my fridge so full of alcohol - it's never been like that again, either)
- Auld Lang Syne (can't see the New Year in without that traditional song)
- Food (whether at a party enjoying nibbles, or having a snack at home to make sure you stay awake until midnight, food is always good :)).
- Winnie the Pooh stories (bear with me on this - when my sister and I were little, and my parents went out to a New Year's Eve party, we'd end up at my grandparents. Their neighbour always came in to see the New Year in with them, and my sister insisted on telling her a Winnie the Pooh story… every year! It became as much of a traditional for a while as wishing everyone a Happy New Year!)
- Someone to kiss at midnight (not necessary, but can be nice - even if it's the cat. Actually, thinking about it, maybe the cat is a better choice.)
Whatever you're doing tonight, hope the New Year brings you lots of good things.
Image: Idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net