Saturday 12 November 2011

Nursery Rhymes

Someone asked me a while ago to name five nursery rhymes I could still remember, and name them in a minute. I was surprised how difficult it was, as I thought these sort of things stayed with you (maybe I have too much stuff in my head already, and it's pushing the old stuff out ;)). Also, I'd read a few to my nephew not that long ago. Anyway, here are the five I could remember quickly.

  1. Lavender's Blue
  2. Bar Bar Black Sheep
  3. Sing a Song of Sixpence
  4. Hey Diddle Diddle
  5. It's Raining, It's Pouring

Can you name any more? How many can you get through in a minute?

2 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Hey Diddle Diddle and It's Raining, It's Pouring are very familiar ones. I also know the Jack Be Nimble Jack Be Quick, Jack and Jill, I'm sure there are more. It's amazing how some stick through all these years and others fly away.

(And it must be my computers at work not letting me see your blog. It worked fine from home.)

C D Meetens said...

Oh, of course! Jack and Jill, and the other "Jack" one you mentioned. I'm sure my mind just takes a holiday when its put on the spot.

(Glad to know you can get here OK :) )

Post a Comment